Monday, October 1, 2007

Anchor Addiction

I can't explain it... but somehow I find intellectual news anchors to be extremely attractive - go figure!

My first and foremost obsession is with CNN's 360 anchor Anderson Cooper - his witty humor and intellectual charm makes watching news a mesmerizing experience. Even before his renown coverage of hurricane Katrina, I was in love with Anderson Cooper's overall persona. Anderson Cooper's stories always conveyed an indescribable sincerity amidst every mind-boggling controversy or heart-breaking circumstance. As lame as it sounds, I feel like a better person whenever I watch Anderson Cooper anchor his nightly show, or read his news blog online - he seem to have a genuine zeal in pursuing justice in the world and his passion is contagious! Believe it or not, I've emailed him and invited him to speak to my students about journalism because the story of how he got started in the field is really inspirational - unfortunately for me, his busy schedule would not allow him to hang out with middle schoolers for a day... sigh, I guess I will continue to admire from afar!


As of late, I've been awestruck by another brilliant man in the news - Brian Williams, the anchor of NBC's Nightly News. Perhaps its the soothing sound of his voice or the deeply thoughtful and warm expression of his face... I find Brian Williams to be extremely attractive. In May, I was honored to attend a luncheon hosted by the Foreign Policy Association in Manhattan with a distinguished panel of journalists - Brian Williams, Andrea Mitchell and David Gregory. Although I probably did not grasp everything that was said about the world situation by the panelists, I felt smarter just simply being in their presence! Recently, there's also an interesting Brian Williams pop quiz interview article posted on George Lucus Educational Foundation website in which he commented on his view of education.



Maybe this is just a mid life infatuation, a passing obsession... whatever it may be, the combination of intellectuality and wit is amazingly addicting!

3 comments:

Suzy Q said...

Have you ever thought about writing or journalism? You should.
BTW, love your blog!

Mr. C said...

I think its funny how the "nightly news" seems to be becoming more about the news persons personality and not so much about the news.

hemanttawri said...

Suffering from an addiction

Suffering from an addiction. This website has a lot of great resources and treatment centers.

http://www.treatmentcenters.org